Welcome to our eBook Program!
Here’s what you need to access books from our Ebook collection.
We can now add new titles to our Follett eBook collection, accessible via our library catalog.
- Access Follett eBooks through Destiny Discover at this link.
- Click “Log In” in the upper right-hand corner and log in with your Collegiate username (firstName_lastNamegraduationYear) and password and click “Submit.”
- Browse eBooks by clicking “See All.”
- Click “Open” to read the book in your browser without checking out.
- Click “Checkout” to borrow the eBook. It will be returned automatically at the end of your loan period.
- If you would like to read your checked out eBook on a device other than your Chromebook, you can download the Destiny Read app for iOS and Android devices. For more information, click here. (When setting up your account, choose “Virginia” as Location and search for “Reed Gumenick Library” as School.)
A short screencast with instructions for how to access Follett ebooks is here.
We are adding to this collection every day, so keep checking back, and let us know if you need help getting access!
Follow the steps below to set up your account with Axis360.
- Go here to Download the Axis360 App for your Apple iOS, Android, Windows, or Kindle device. You can also read a web-based version on your computer or Chromebook. If you want to do that, just go to our site here and after you get logged in (see #s 3 and 4 below) and select a title, choose Read Now.
- Once you have the app installed, search for Collegiate Middle School.
- When you log in to Axis360 for the first time, you will be prompted to enter your Library ID and PIN number and create an account. 5th and 6th grade students, please have a parent with you when you create an account.
- Your Library ID is RGLyourschoolid (for most students the school ID is firstname_lastname25; ex:RGLjohn_smith25). Be sure to capitalize RGL! Your PIN should be month and day of your birthday, in 4 digits. (Ex: 0101 for Jan. 1, 1205 for Dec. 5.)
You should then be able to see the selection of titles available and download books to your device!
A short screencast with instructions for how to access Axis360 eBooks is here.
This is a new version of the app, so please let us know if you are using it and if you have any trouble! We would love to hear your feedback!